STAND UP PADDLE BOARD
TIPS AND INFO
10 THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED!
1. Just how addictive it is.
2. Take a lesson – it will save you hours of frustration!
3. Just how good it makes you feel and how good it is for your body
4. Just how much the wife and kids loved it
5. Shorter isn’t better. Length equals glide and speed
6. Wider isn’t necessarily more stable. Board design plays the biggest part in stability
7. Save money – spend a bit more.
8. Seek good advice. The best advice comes form those with a vested interest in you making the right decision. Check out your local store and the brands they stock. It is a sure indicator of there commitment to the you and the sport.
9. Don’t skimp on your first paddle. It is easy to focus on the board and forget the most important tool of all – the paddle
10. Heat can destroy SUP gear.
Check out our PDF guide to looking after your equipment – BPS BOARD sup care.
- NEVER go out in off-shore winds!
- ALWAYS start your paddle going into the wind
- Always take a lesson before heading out into the Ocean
- ALWAYS wear a leg rope (the board can get away from you VERY quickly)
- Flat water paddling is EASIER than it looks
- SUP surfing is HARDER than it looks
- Always let someone now where you are going and when you expect to return
- Be aware if carrying your board on your shoulders – it can easily get blown out of your hands
Get advice on paddle length and board size – it will make a world of difference to your enjoyment of the sport!
thank’s for the article to